Neverwinter Forest let me love you
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Private 
Birth thread! @Kieran and puppies should post first, then @Scimitar and/or @Eshe after that. There will be a public greeting thread later on. :)

The early morning light trickled into the den, stirring the woman from her light slumber. Hunger had gnawed at her insides, but Kieran and Scimitar were both quite doting in their offerings to her. So while she had been hungry, Kaskara hadn't starved like her husband or brother, or the rest of the pack for that matter. Eshe received some food, as well, when it was found. The two women were pregnant and shared the burden of starving their family for the sake of the children they carried.

Her stomach had ached these last few days, and this morning as she stirred, something changed. Warmth spread through her belly and back, and a watery substance rushed from her, soaking her fur in liquid warmth. Kaskara's eyes snapped open and she cried out, shifting from her side to her paws as quickly as her rotund body would allow. As she finally got to her feet, her body cramped. She huddled in on herself, wondering if she was dying or if something was wrong. But after a few moments of rippling pain, something slipped from her belly, and she turned to take a look at her first child. Her tongue lolled out and she licked it free of its sac, motioning breath into its lungs. 

As it gasped and cried, Kaskara cradled it close and gazed upon her first child, a daughter. @Szabala. Kas smiled and nuzzled her child, placing it close to her belly. She was a grey child, and her heart swelled with love at the sight of her. But her work was not yet done, for her body rippled again, and many minutes later another child came into the world. She ministered it just as she had the first, and found a chocolate son waiting for her. @Rian. She cried out in happiness, cradling the second child to her and the first.

The pain that followed was nearly unbearable. Kaskara's body doubled over, and the pain shot through her entire being as not one, but two children slipped free from her. @Eimear and @Dublin. They were twins, she realized as she turned to them, pain hazing her thoughts. Their color was lighter than the others, a creamy tan that would surely change a they grew. But Kaskara didn't care about their coloring - it was their tiny perfection that captured her heart. She cleaned them swiftly, and after many minutes of no more pain, she realized she was done birthing children. Four in total, and all seemingly strong and healthy, despite the starvation of the past weeks. They latched onto her teats, and she sighed contentedly as milk flowed from her into them, nourishing the children of her heart. 

After napping, she woke with a start, and smiled down at her children again. Then she turned her head toward the den's mouth, and called out for her husband. Come, my love. Meet your children.
Messages In This Thread
let me love you - by Kaskara - May 15, 2016, 10:57 AM
RE: let me love you - by Dublin - May 15, 2016, 11:12 AM
RE: let me love you - by Szabala - May 15, 2016, 11:22 AM
RE: let me love you - by Kieran - May 15, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: let me love you - by Eimear - May 15, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: let me love you - by Rian - May 15, 2016, 12:03 PM
RE: let me love you - by Dublin - May 15, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: let me love you - by Kaskara - May 15, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: let me love you - by Rian - May 15, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: let me love you - by Szabala - May 15, 2016, 02:04 PM
RE: let me love you - by Eimear - May 15, 2016, 04:27 PM