Blackfeather Woods I will keep my promise.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was done with his patrol and then went out to seek some food for Malice. Yet there were not many prey species around anymore. The male searched through their forest. He was tempted to go after one of the remaining crows. Hopefully they would return, maybe they would not. The large male wandered, going to all the usual places but it was all barren. He edged around the swamps all the way to Otter Creek. That was where he saw a raccoon drinking. Those little buggers probably ate the insects that had fallen. Burke instantly moved low to the ground, creeping closer. The male knew this raccoon might not be good enough but at least he could try.

The large male tried to make no sound as he stepped closer, though with the barren lands there was not much to step closer. He then sped forward, but before his large body had momentum the raccoon dashed off giving the male quite a chase. Burke was lucky that his big paws managed to unbalance the raccoon. Though the little critter did not went without a fight. His muzzle was scratched by the sharp claws and the marked bandit even tried to bite him back. Eventually Burke won, making a meal out of him. But the male was out for more. Maybe something for himself he took the dead raccoon. The male decided to be smart enough to get back to his own soil.

While he was carrying the raccoon past the creek that ran into their woods he hoped to get some fish too. He placed the Coon down and waded into the water. The male stood there for quite awhile before he saw a fish, the river was shallow, and as he dove down he bumped his sensitive nose against a rock, the fish escaping. Then in his own greed he realized that the crows were coming down to peck as his meal. Burke growled, charging at the dead animal. It seems that he would have to do with the raccoon and go out for himself later. Burke trotted to his home at a quick pace, crows following him as he moved through the forest. The male knew better than to just place it out on the open now, so he went inside the den and placed the meal by @Malice's her paws before laying down himself, panting softly.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
I will keep my promise. - by Burke - May 16, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Malice - May 16, 2016, 08:29 AM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Burke - May 16, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Malice - May 16, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Burke - May 16, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Malice - May 17, 2016, 08:28 AM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Burke - May 18, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Malice - May 19, 2016, 09:10 AM
RE: I will keep my promise. - by Burke - May 22, 2016, 02:52 PM