Broken Antler Fen A Nephew Returns
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Joining 
(Broken Antler Fen Outskirts)
     Hold your head up high, Em. Embry Adonis Valentine, a solitary traveler only steps away from fate, allowed his breathing to calm to a rythmic beat before he fully halted at the Broken Antler Fen's territorial border. His light blonde fur, though neat and collected, rippled upon his muscular legs. He was different now, different from the way he first was. Flashbacks of Broken Antler Fen rimmed his vision, veiling reality in a web of past memories. This is it. I'm coming home. His heart sped to a steady skip, a sensation Embry had learned to work around despite the adrenaline it dispensed. His tail swayed from side to side in a small, happy motion as the young wolf took a pace forward. His sea-green eyes ventured onwards with an inevitable sense of hesitant curiosity. He was almost adament at the thought of meeting his old packmates - of meeting his grandfather and explaining his new arrival. His paws felt heavy beneath him, as if the air was grabbing at his legs and forcing them to stop. Is this the right thing? Should I have left home?

He shook his head, a small growl forming in his throat. It was low and nearly inaudible, but it was enough to stimulate a new sense of confidence. This was Embry's new home, he was sure of it. He had people who loved him here, or at least soon would. Some weight seemed to lift from his already aching muscles as he ventured forward, pushing away his doubts and fighting to remain positive. The path he followed was short and before long he would arrive at Broken Antler Fen's territory. Swaths of trees surrounded him, blemishing the bright rays of sunlight but somehow retaining a sense of beauty and security. Embry began to slow his pace as he neared a bend in the path. I've got this. He thought, taking a quick moment to compose himself once more. He glanced down at his paws and noticed the length at which he had grown. I'm bigger now. I can take care of myself. The words were exactly the same as those of Sapphire, though he found them much more comforting now than before. He stifled a whine, rather annoyed at himself for acting so childish. 
     Lowering his head submissively, Embry crept towards the boundary of Broken Antler Fen. His heart pattered helplessly within his chest, seeming ominously close to bursting. He then placed his paw on familiar marshy soil. The familiar scent of soggy marshland clung to his fur, just as evident as his mother's had been before he'd left. Now, he was returning home.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
A Nephew Returns - by Embry - May 26, 2016, 10:33 PM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Pearl - May 27, 2016, 03:05 PM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Embry - May 27, 2016, 05:17 PM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Sebastian - May 28, 2016, 07:04 AM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Ambrosia - May 28, 2016, 10:00 AM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Pearl - May 28, 2016, 04:17 PM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Sebastian - May 29, 2016, 01:46 PM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Ambrosia - June 02, 2016, 09:48 AM
RE: A Nephew Returns - by Embry - June 03, 2016, 12:56 AM