Sleeping Dragon here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil doesn't linger long on Hush as he makes to disappear. Instead she watches Gyda and it's when she snaps away and brings her attention back, she knows the male is gone. Before she gets a chance to drop her head and pick up the kill, her queen is speaking and she's lifting her gaze again at the surprise. Perhaps it's not entirely a surprise, and there's a part of her that wants to speak out against it—I told you so—but she bites back the words. Perhaps, instead, it's what they need. She always has a hard time separating the fact she's meant to share the role rather than lead on her own, as she's been trained and practiced to do.

"Okay," she says and nods her head, looking to her swollen belly. The decision isn't to be made now, or right away, for Gyda's responsibilities have already shrunk back significantly given her condition. She would have time to think and the young leader would let her have that time, would let her hold on to queen for as long as she'd like.

For now, Thuringwethil drops her head and nudges the kill forward. A rare find these days but the promise the worst is over. They can only go up from here.

"I am sending Seregrýn to Trigeda. I cannot give her what she needs here and she has a lot to learn," she explains, moving on as if she hadn't just been told she might be stepping down. Until then, Gyda would be able to do what she can for the dragon. "Gavriel is the only wolf capable that knows the way. It's a long trip. Remember?" she adds with a hint of an apologetic smile. "He'll likely miss the birth."

The rest of the time together, Thuringwethil tells Gyda about meeting Floki and the bit of information she has about their shared mother and his potential visit before she leaves the woman to rest.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place