Haunted Wood and when i finally got sober i felt ten years older
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Private 
@Sebastian, following this thread!
This was all foreign ground to him, each step within the forest was his first. From where he stood, he could just barely see the tip of the Redhawk Rock peering over the treeline, but as he moved, even that shrunk from view. His heart still beat a mile a minute, his breaths coming out in short gasps though he felt as if his throat was closing up at the same time.

He had been running, far from where the other boy hid behind a bush because of the actions he had committed. In his hast to get away,his footing had become sloppy, sending the ground breathing him sliding, and him with it. He had only stumbled down a few feet, knocking the bottom of his jaw against a particularly mean looking rock edge. His blood was proof of it's triumph. A sharp pain had coursed through his mouth as his jaw had snapped shut, and a startled yelp rocked through him. It took him a few moments to gather himself, the pungent scent of his own blood throwing him off course.

By the time he had picked himself up, he was in a daze, his legs wobbly from the uncertainty of his footing and his sense of direction lost as he struggled to come to terms with what had just happened. But one thing was on his mind, he wanted to be on solid ground.

The rock forgotten, he clambered down the mountain, towards the rough greenery that lay below. Once his feet met the familiar and even pace of the flat ground, he collapsed, the side of his head pressed against the earth as he caught his breath. He still could not find his bearings, even as he stood upright. The Rendezvous site was... far behind him. He could not howl, for his vocal chords were not that developed and he rather not damage them yipping.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
Messages In This Thread
and when i finally got sober i felt ten years older - by Jackrabbit - July 28, 2016, 06:09 PM