Redtail Rise What do I stand for
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
OK all done, open to anyone. tagging @Ukko just in case you wanna ~spontaneously~ encounter tavi.
She did not know where she was, how she got there, or why. The rage within Tavi had worn away to a persistent little ache in the back of her mind like an itch, and she wanted desperately to scratch that itch, but there was no way to reach it. It was almost like a nagging sensation that she should be somewhere; that she needed to be doing something; that something was being forgotten. But she'd already forgotten so much — such as why she'd come this far from home. Or, from time to time, where home even was. Parts of her said, just over that ridge! And another feeling pulled her towards the clusters of trees, as if a foray around one specific copse would bring her somewhere familiar; that the forest itself was her home, and not the ridge, and not the mountain.

Thoughts of her son and of the Keep, even Stark or Reek, had vanished. She paced up the ridge with her body sunken low, head almost dragging between her shoulders, and she... was searching.  Or so she believed. For what? No idea. The home she had left behind? In which case — which home? The woman occasionally lifted her head to sniff the air, detecting the faint aroma of maple and feeling her heart beat quicken; then there would be pine and the stale petrichor of an oncoming storm, and things would be muddied again. Tavi eventually found her way to an outcropping of exposed bedrock, and just as she hunkered down against the jagged, spine-like array of jutting stones, the sky broke open and began to weep above her head.

Maybe, had she been in her right mind, she would be weeping too — for she had suffered some sort of great loss, and yet she couldn't recall how it had transpired, or what exact piece of her mind had gone missing. She knew there was something off, that she was tired, but was unable to fully grasp the situation anymore. Her departure from the Keep had been in a fit of rage, yes, but it had been the catalyst for a shift within her very psyche, and now the woman was left to silently reflect upon the newness of her self without proper understanding. She felt the rain, smelt the changes upon the wind, and had the strangest desire to lift her head and call out - to sing, to howl, perhaps to mourn - but Tavi had forgotten how to do that too.
Messages In This Thread
What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 03, 2016, 11:59 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by Reek - August 04, 2016, 04:12 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 04:24 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by Reek - August 04, 2016, 08:59 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 09:11 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by Reek - August 04, 2016, 09:22 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by Reek - August 04, 2016, 09:52 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by Reek - August 06, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: What do I stand for - by RIP Tavi - August 10, 2016, 10:51 AM