Hushed Willows that's nice, that's a nice sentiment
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Buchanan's breath stuck in his throat at the excited look that Banner offered him when he spoke of “extra special” feathers as a present for her promotion. He looked away from it's purity and radiance for a small moment — enough to catch his breath — before his gaze slid back to her, an easy smile tugging at the corners of his lips. The assassin took a deep breath, as he paused a few steps behind Banner as she paused, mostly to calm the slight rise in the pace of his heart before he lowered his head towards the border markings, giving them a sniff before he scratched at them, leaving his scent from the glands in his paw pads before Banner continued forth and he jogged to catch up with her, slowing his pace when he caught her, ensuring not to walk beside her but not linger too far back, either. After all, they were holding a conversation. Of sorts. And no one wanted to shout ahead or behind of them to maintain it.

She asked him what language he'd spoken in and it took a moment for it to sink into Buchanan's mind that not only had he spoken out loud, he'd also slipped into Russian. This time, it was Buchanan's turn to look sheepish. “I, ah, I didn't mean to say that out loud,” He admitted, not that he'd said anything bad. “It's Russian. It is...-” He corrected himself quickly. “-was The Officer's native tongue. I slip into it, at times.” In truth, this was the most he'd ever spoken to another besides The Officer; and the elderly master hadn't been much interested in learning about who “The Ghost” was, or how he felt or thought; and Buchanan had been the perfect dog, obedient if only out of the desire to mollify his master. “For the longest time it was all I spoke until I was trained enough to carry out a mission.” Because age hadn't mattered to The Officer. So long as “The Ghost” had been able to kill and defend himself effectively (and Buchanan had learned quick if to avoid The Officer's brutality and cruelty) that was all The Officer had been fussed about.

“I was thinking a songbird, maybe. I've seen a few colorful ones around.” He offered in explanation, in case she'd been wondering what he had spoken.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 17, 2016, 06:57 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 17, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 18, 2016, 05:38 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 18, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 18, 2016, 07:48 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 19, 2016, 04:51 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 19, 2016, 10:17 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 20, 2016, 05:23 AM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 22, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 22, 2016, 06:33 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 22, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 23, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 23, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 24, 2016, 01:58 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 24, 2016, 06:55 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 12:59 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 25, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 06:07 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 25, 2016, 07:02 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 26, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 26, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 27, 2016, 10:18 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 28, 2016, 04:43 AM