Totoka River Meet me near the water's edge
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I'm sorry for the wait on this! For some reason it slipped out of my notices that you replied to it. :o

Ragnar had a fairly good understanding that Blue Willow did not think he would give his attentions to his daughter alone, though he did not know for sure and was going off of pure speculation, but he had spoken in regards to his attention being equal, nevertheless. He did not want her, or anyone else, to think that he would spurn the boys because he did not believe they were his as he did Gyda. By marriage alone they belonged to him and Ragnar was no stranger to adopting children (Tyr being the first as his captive turned son). Blue Willow spoke as much — that she had not meant it as it might have sounded — speaking that there tended to be a special bond between fathers and daughters. He did not know because he had never been a father to a daughter, a living one, before.

Their conversation went to Blacktail Deer Plateau’s turncoat and Blue Willow explained that she knew he had joined the Isle wolves because he had sought her out and told her. Ragnar’s brow furrowed, a small v forming between the brow, as he contemplated her words. A traitor that sought out the Beta Female to tell her he was a traitor? There was many ways in which, if he no longer wanted to be apart of the Plateau, he could have went about it without bearing the brand traitor and it seemed, if what Blue Willow was telling Ragnar, he had chosen none of them. “How stupid,” Ragnar observed. It was like their deserter was asking to be killed right on the spot. “I would have killed him.” Ragnar announced truthfully not sure if he admired Blue Willow for her tolerance or if he wanted to scoff at her for it. The fact about being on neutral ground would have held no meaning to the Viking who did not put up with traitors.

Ragnar wasn’t a tyrant. He would never tell a wolf they had to stay in Horizon Ridge but there was a tactful way of going about leaving. By expressing to the leaders, explaining the situation and why they wished to leave. It didn’t guarentee the leaders wouldn’t be upset about it but at least it was better than turning into a traitor who then had the nerve to flaunt it about in said leaders’ face.

Blue Willow mentioned that both the Plateau and the Ridge had puppies to feed which was a valid point but also she had to factor in Silvertip Mountain, too, whom presumably shared hunting grounds with the Ridge and the Plateau. “I do not know much about Silvertip Mountain but I assume they share our hunting grounds as well and even if they don’t, they have their own hunting grounds I believe they would not want the Isle wolves to encroach upon.” In all honesty, Ragnar was relieved that everyone, so far, seemed concerned about the new pack that had sauntered in (or he thought they had seeing as how he had no valid proof yet) and that it wasn’t just paranoia on his part. “I plan to warn them to stay out of the Ridge’s borders and that if they are caught on our hunting grounds my wolves have the right to chase them out and sabotage their hunt.” To another creature it might have sounded rude but Ragnar wasn’t like most and frankly didn’t give a damn about any wolves except his own and his family. “For now, that is all I can do without seeking permission from my Alpha.” It would either be enough, or it wouldn’t be; but that was a lesson Ragnar hoped the Isle wolves were sensible enough to avoid learning the hard way.

Messages In This Thread
Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - April 10, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 02, 2014, 09:28 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 06:35 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 04, 2014, 11:00 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 05, 2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 10, 2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 13, 2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 13, 2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 16, 2014, 11:58 AM