Lone Star Mountain Who called me by my name and ran
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
One more step, the white wolf told herself to spite the burning in her limbs and lungs. It had been a long time since she'd had such a hard climb. Saena was no longer used to the rigors of scaling a mountain, something that had once come so naturally from her early life at the plateau. She didn't remember her journey over the Barrier Mountains coming here, but now she was absorbed in the task of climbing, and the burden was very real. Time in the woods had changed her, moved the muscle of her body from her back legs and shoulders to her front legs and chest, and now she felt the ache of every muscle acutely. In the morning she would scarcely be able to move, but she pressed on.

One more step, thought the pied wolf as she came atop a narrow shelf of rock and sought her next foothold. What motivated her? Even she couldn't say. There was a wildness in her heart that drew her inexorably upward, demanding that she exhaust her energy reserves as if to burn off all the stress she couldn't work through in her head. Her fur snapped around her face and ears as a gust of wind blew down the face of the mountain. She squinted against it, mouth agape as though to taste it, and she pressed on.

One more step, crowed the victorious woman as she at last crested the summit, and stood at the top of the world. It was far from the tallest of its ilk, rivaled by its neighbours and bested by at least one mount in the hinterlands, but it was sufficiently tall for her to feel like she could touch the sky. She angled her snout upward and drank deep the thin, heady air, and then rocked back on her haunches to take in the wilds in all their wondrous glory.

@Warbone maybe? This fits nowhere in Saena's current plot arc and is therefore vague on all that. I just needed another thread and you had asked for one!
Messages In This Thread
Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 02, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 02, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 04, 2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 04, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 05, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 05, 2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 06, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 06, 2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 06, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Warbone - October 09, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Who called me by my name and ran - by Saēna - October 10, 2016, 03:27 PM