Stone Circle Never met a mother f*cker quite like me
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
Steady growled with pleasure once he and @Valette had successful run the sisters off. He could taste her blood in his mouth, knew that he had inflicted some pain, especially on her face. He lifted his muzzle to towards the sky and howled his victory. He figured it would have been right if Valette joined in, too, but he was too busy feeling high and mighty to worry about that much. His tail stood high, fluffed out with his hackles. With a chuff of satisfaction, he turned and headed back to his territory, assuming Valette would follow. I mean to keep my promise, he told her. If I ever see her again, she won't live to see another day. Betrayal was one of the worst things a wolf could do to Steady and his family, and it was something he would never forgive. But, let it be known that I don't expect anyone in the pack to do that if they don't feel comfortable. He felt it important that his family know they weren't expected to carry out his promises. It was something he said, something he felt, and he knew the others weren't really fighters. He would not expect them to kill simply so that his word could be kept.

Along the way, he couldn't help but try to engage Valette in some play, attempting to nip at her shoulder, though not in the way he had done to Eden's flank. He was rejoicing, and he wanted her to join in. The adrenaline was still coursing through his body, pumping him full of testosterone and dominance. But, there was no one to direct it towards now that the betrayers were driven out of his home. So, he tried to turn it into some rough mouthing towards Valette. 

They reached the borders, and Steady began to mark them, covering Eden's blood with his urine. Her scent was no longer welcomed here, and he made sure to cover it well. When he was finished, he was finally beginning to come down off his high, though he couldn't help but try and head butt Valette's shoulder. It had been a while since he had fought, and he was glad to have someone he trusted by his side. 

He paused and turned towards her, voicing his thought. You know, the pack has grown quite a bit, and it's been harder and harder for me to manage it on my own. But, I've realized since we've moved that I haven't been alone. You've been there, doing everything a Beta should. If you'll accept, I'd like to formally promote you. They hadn't spoken about it, and he hadn't mentioned to anyone that he was thinking of promoting someone into leadership ranks. Part of him felt guilty, as if he was replacing Ezekiel. But, he wasn't. There were two Beta spots, and if Ezekiel was found, he would be more than welcome to reclaim his spot. But, Steady hoped it would be beside Valette. She had proven herself adept at providing for the pack, and now she proved she could defend it alongside Steady, as well. He waited for her response, hope showing through his eyes.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Never met a mother f*cker quite like me - by Steady - October 03, 2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Never met a mother f*cker quite like me - by Steady - October 03, 2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Never met a mother f*cker quite like me - by Steady - October 03, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Never met a mother f*cker quite like me - by Steady - October 10, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Never met a mother f*cker quite like me - by Steady - October 11, 2016, 10:54 PM