Neverwinter Forest Alas, I am someone changed forever
I may be crazy, but at least I keep things interesting.
54 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Hoping for @Scimitar because he's the one that knows her best, but otherwise AW!

Astra stood upon the bank of the river, watching the mighty currents swish by. The river was slightly more lazy than it was in the beginning of Spring, for the snow was not melting too much anymore. But even so, the river was a dangerous thing. It could wrap you up in it's icey cold arms and take you away forever, never letting you go. Or, you could get lucky, and wash up on the shore. She did that once, as a puppy. It had carved fear in her heart whenever she looked at a river. Even though she had mostly gotten over that, a whisper of terror lingered in her even now. 

But even that wasn't enough to save her from another tumble. 

There were many questions that one could ask her: 'why were you at the river? How did you fall?' Astra could not answer any of them. All she remembers is the terrible thrill of having nothing beneath her feet, then the splash as she entered the water. She remembered screaming her muffled scream, and then pain. Pain that clouded her eyes and exploded in her head. Pain that shot down her neck and spine like a bullet entering over and over again. 

Then, she was on the shore, head rested on the sandy earth and bedraggled body laying motionless. She slowly stirred into consciousness to a throbbing head and the blood pounding in her ears. She felt something warm trickling down her neck from behind her ear. It smelled like blood. She didn't dare open her eyes yet, too tired and too much in pain. But when she did, she was met with blackness. At first, Astra thought that she hadn't opened her lids at all, and she tried to open them again, finding them already open. Fear gripped her heart and she screamed.
Messages In This Thread
Alas, I am someone changed forever - by Astra - October 08, 2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Alas, I am someone changed forever - by Scimitar - October 19, 2016, 01:38 PM
RE: Alas, I am someone changed forever - by Astra - October 23, 2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Alas, I am someone changed forever - by Scimitar - November 01, 2016, 02:53 PM