Ravensblood Forest when i've achieved what i set out to achieve
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The sun had yet to rise when Arturo had risen from his slumber and hunted a fawn. It had gotten spooked in the shadows of the towering sequoias and separated from it's mother it had been easy prey for the gangster. He took it down quickly in case it's terrified bleating might call it's mother to him. He sectioned it off the best he could: eating his fill, tearing off a hind leg and hip for Chusi and buried the rest in a cache for anyone who wanted it. It was only after he refilled the cache and marked it that he carried the spoil to the den he shared with his daughter. He put Chusi's breakfast in the place he normally left it, trying to be as quiet as he could as not to disturb the slumbering child. He was teaching her to hunt and she was doing well. She was a late learner and for a moment Arturo was angry at Zephyr, whom lingered in the back of his mind as a threat to his daughter, for not bothering to teach her the basic skills she needed to survive. Her mother might have been ill in her mind but what, then, had been the man's excuse? In short, Arturo knew he shouldn't have brought Chusi breakfast. She was never going to learn if he kept spoiling her but as a father it was his job to provide for his children and the idea of letting her go hungry, even if it was for the purpose of motivation and the awakening of survival instincts caused his stomach to clench. Their hunting lessons would continue and perhaps one morning she would reverse the roles and surprise him with a catch but he would see that that her stomach was full and she did not know the pain of hunger: one way or another.

Bain, Bowie, Cearney and Devin had never gone hungry and neither would Chusi. Breakfast provided he headed towards the borders to begin a patrol, his eyes and ears alert. It was a routine that Arturo had found himself falling into very easily and as the sun rose, golden and bright in the sky, painting it a myriad of pastel colors, he got to work with his patrol.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - October 30, 2016, 05:41 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 10, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 12, 2016, 05:39 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 12, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 15, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 20, 2016, 06:05 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 20, 2016, 08:10 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 24, 2016, 06:33 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - December 04, 2016, 01:02 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:50 AM