Chimera Fields i'll open the door to heaven or hell
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Private 
For @Eshe to start

He was enraged. The fury that swept through him now was akin to that of a dragon – never before had he been so ignited, not even his days dealing with Blackfeather Woods or Shadow and his own foolish excuse of an army. His son had been swept to the alleged safety of a pack by the coast – such news should have been victorious, and yet the pale girl’s words rang in his mind, stirring his tongue to flick out over his fangs as he considered his options.

They would not let his son come home to where he belonged?

It was no more than a situation of maintaining a captive, and the dark agouti wolf was already calculating his plans. Scimitar Frostfur was a seasoned warrior – his sister, also remained to be a seasoned warrior. Their training in Dal Riata had been explicit in this, and their time in the Teekon Wilds had only further fueled their battle techniques. The coastal pack had chosen the wrong pup to keep against will – and Scimitar was ready to bring the iron clad force of not just Neverwinter Forest to them – but also of the ties he had gained during his time here. Jorunn would surely agree to aide him – Charon, despite their differences, could perhaps be coaxed to do so in his relation to Eshe. He debated even then to seek out Phoenix Maplewood and Saena’s assistance – the force of four packs upon one would demolish them, and Scimitar was certain no other victory would be sweeter.

He did not yet realize the disbandment of Saltwinter, or that Phoenix Maplewood had relocated to Silver Creek and remained under new leadership – nor would he manage to storm in to his own forest and gather his own forces, for one fateful mistake in his anger would be the end of it all.

Only during his quick lope did his gaze drift to the corner, noting two larger bear cubs – both playful and then suddenly halting by his presence. They were not newborns – it was likely their mother had birthed them earlier in the new year, but that did not mean she was not nearby. His pace quickened, his ears flattening as he made to steer clear from them, but no sooner did he jerk his muzzle back to the path before him, did a thunderous paw clap him to the side.

Scimitar had taken on bears before – but they were not creatures to be messed with alone. He had done so only with careful calculation, and with pack numbers at his side. The savagery of which she propelled in to him knocked the very breathe from him, and flung the rather large wolf like he was no more than a Raggedy Ann doll.

His form crumpled to the ground, rolling to a tree. He felt something snap in his side, and the white hot pain seared through him. He began to retch in that moment, though logic and instinct urged him forward, and the Frostfur scrambled to find purchase with his paws to the ground. He held no more time to even swing his muzzle in her direction to bare his teeth before she began to maim him – large jaws enclosed over his spine, and the King of the Forest was lifted from the air, feeling the pressure build before another sickening snap – he no longer felt anything as the shock worked its way through him. She dropped him with a heavy thud, nosing at him, her hot breath pungent to his nose before he received another swat – like a bad child being spanked for having his hand in the cookie jar.

He stilled then, his eyes sliding shut and he forced his breath to slow. She would nose him for what felt like an eternity – but in reality, only seconds had passed.

It was then the mother bear grunted, turning from him and satisfied that the threat to her cubs was diminished. Ambling away, he could hear their thunderous steps as they left him.. and then the world became silent, and he blacked out fully, though his thoughts lingered desperately on his captive son, @Rannoch and @Cypress who eagerly awaited him at home. His blood now pooling to the grass field, and the sun would only then began to descend along the horizon, as if indicative of the era end.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
i'll open the door to heaven or hell - by Scimitar - November 14, 2016, 02:00 PM
RE: i'll open the door to heaven or hell - by Eshe RIP - November 14, 2016, 02:14 PM
RE: i'll open the door to heaven or hell - by Scimitar - November 14, 2016, 02:27 PM
RE: i'll open the door to heaven or hell - by Eshe RIP - November 14, 2016, 02:37 PM
RE: i'll open the door to heaven or hell - by Scimitar - November 14, 2016, 02:50 PM