Neverwinter Forest i'm beyond the archetype
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
All Welcome 
I dunno if we wanna make this a IC thread where Kja steps up or not? So I left it all welcome just in case. ^-^

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Kjalarr had been prepared for the idea that he was a father-to-be. He'd fought off Maude, some previously dormant instincts sparking to life at the marrow deep knowledge that he had to protect his seed, his future; but facing the dawning of realization that he actually was a father-to-be was ...the most terrifying thing he'd faced yet. Ondine's morning sickness and increased appetite ...those were the symptoms she assured him and he trusted her words for surely she would be aware if life grew within her or not. He spent mornings between early patrols hunting for the sole purpose of bringing her food. Whether she ate it or not, or ate it and upchucked it he didn't oft stick around to find out. He left her to it while he went on a second patrol.

Patrols had became a means of escape, a place where he could lose himself to routine or alternatively think. How in Hel's name was he supposed to raise kids? He didn't know the first thing about children. Very briefly he'd been around Lusa's children but she and her children hadn't stuck around Saltwinter very long. Admittedly, he had not slept with Ondine for children. Kjalarr was much too selfish for that. He'd only to sought to satisfy the longing and yearning her estrus cycle had intoxicated him with. Yet...he was not by any means unintelligent. He understood the risks, the consequences. Yet... The Gods had ordained that children would come of their coupling and here he was with a mate and babes on the way. Him. A father. A stab of guilt and doubt drove through him. He would be the father they needed him to be, or try to be, at the very least. He had no choice but to try. Abandoning Ondine and the children growing within her was not an option, never even a consideration in his mind.

It was not easy to turn his thoughts from his rugrats growing in Ondine's womb — as he genuinely found himself concerned for her well being as her pregnancy wound on — despite how he struggled to grasp the reality of it. Thoughts of Scimitar joined his worries of being a father. It wasn't like his adoptive father to be gone for so long. It was apparent to him that the prolonged absence concerned Allure, as well. A chill ran down the viking's spine as he considered what would keep Scimitar away from his pack for so long. How long could they go without their leader's presence? Things seemed to be in control for the moment but what happened if a loner caught on? Or a rival pack realized that the throne sat empty of it's king and empty of a substitute? It would spell disaster for Neverwinter. Each worry troubled him more than the last, and despite his initial purpose he found that the borders did not work well to distract him and though he deigned to focus upon his patrol he allowed himself to contemplate what constantly consumed his waking (and sometimes slumbering) thoughts.
[/tr][/td][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 05:23 PM