Neverwinter Forest Molly Malone
fáinne geal an lae
45 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
"Conor be feer an' Conor be faine an' ee wants me for te wed. 
An' Ae would marry Conor- but me fadder op an' sed-
Aeeee hate te tell ye daughter, what yer mudder never knew,
'tis Ae's the sire O'Conor, an' thus ee's kin te yew."

Having finished cleaning her paws in the stream, she'd begun to muck about in the water, flipping pebbles over with deft movements of her large paws, singing idly to herself as she did so. She paused in the song- one which had been sung to her by her father a long time ago, and she really only understood it now- to flip over a bigger rock, creating a cloud of mud and sending a little minnow darting away, looking for shelter somewhere else. She followed it, slowing down to wait and see where it went so she could find it again. In the meantime, she continued her silly little song.

"Collin be feer an' Collin be faine an' ee wants me for te wed. 
An' Ae would marry Collin- but me fadder op an' sed-
Aeeee hate te tell ye daughter, what yer mudder never knew,
'tis Ae's the sire O'Collin, an' thus ee's kin te yew."

She'd found where the minnow had hidden and had flipped over another rock, sending it flashing down the stream, far away from the idle girl, who wrinkled her nose and continued flipping over rocks, continuing to sing the verses and supplying other male names which always bore the same outcome- her father was the sire of Fionn, Jack, Murphy and Paddy, and thus was kin to her. Eventually, she strolled lackadaisically out of the stream and sat down to allow her paws to dry before she finally continued on in the song. 

"Weel. Ne'er there was a lass so sad an' sorry as Ae was. 
Th'lads aroun' are all mae kin, an' me fadder is the cause!
Ae'd hate to thenk Ae'll dae a sad an' sorry, lonely miss-
Ae thenk Ae'll go tae muther an' complain to her o' thes!"

She giggled softly, and bent over, admiring her reflection in the water. The sun shone through the gap in the trees, sparkling in the sun's surface as she looked at her face in the water. She looked very little like her mother, or her father- save perhaps for the blue of her eyes which matched the sliver of blue in her mother's. But both her mother and father had been dark-furred, and there she was, as light coloured as a dove. She changed her voice slightly, and finished the song.

"Daughter, dennae fear an' fret 'boot what yer fadder's gone and done,
sure ee's gone an' sown 'is seed and sired many a 'andsome son,
Yer fadder might be the sire of al the lads around but steel-
ee's not the sire o' yew, so marry whom yew weel!"
Messages In This Thread
Molly Malone - by Szabala - November 24, 2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Molly Malone - by Kaskara - November 24, 2016, 10:39 AM
RE: Molly Malone - by Szabala - November 24, 2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Molly Malone - by Kaskara - December 05, 2016, 10:53 PM
RE: Molly Malone - by Szabala - December 07, 2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Molly Malone - by Kaskara - January 08, 2017, 09:18 PM
RE: Molly Malone - by Szabala - March 06, 2017, 02:34 PM