Golden Glade Running
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
*casually slides this in here* :o whoops kinda wrote a novel

The fiery coated girl had made it a habit of wandering towards the borders. It was quiet there and the feeling that anything could happen left a tingle along her spine. She often thought about her family while walking along the edges of the claim and wondered which direction they had gone. She missed them greatly and while she felt anger towards their betrayal, Rose couldn't help but crave for her father and mother's attention. She wished for them to show up out of the blue and yell at her to return home, but her wish was never granted. Pieces of her had gone with them and it had left the girl an incomplete puzzle, never to be finished until the lost pieces were found. 

Realizing that today was no different than any other and that no one was waiting for her, Rose was fully prepared to return to her den once again. That was until she heard the faint sound of voices in the distance. Curious as to who it could be, the girl rushed forward but came to a stop behind some shrubbery when she realized that it was Shalon and another she did not recognize. Fearful that she would be told to return to the inner territory, the princess hid herself in what cover she could find, but her bright pelt did not do well to hide her among the pale snow. However to her surprise, it appeared they did not notice.

She listened in on the last bits of their conversation, but it was difficult to fully understand what they were saying when Rose's heart was beating like a drum. And then it hit her...their father is your king. Lies, it had to be! Her father was not such an awful man that he would leave to sleep with other women would he? But if this was true, if those were her siblings then who was to say she didn't have more!? Unable to move due to the shock, the young girl simply sunk to the cold winter floor. How could he do such a thing? Did she even truly know the man she called her father?

She loved Bramble and Tulip, but not as strongly as she did Hawthorn. There was always a disconnection between them, something that kept them apart. She understood that her two half-siblings shared a different mother but that had never meant much to Rose. But she understood now exactly what that meant, and the young princess felt sadness and anger both at once. Her father was not fit to be a King nor was her mother fit to be a Queen. Anyone who abandoned their children and people were not worthy to hold such a title. "But I'm worthy" she mumbled to herself. 

Before she even realized what she was doing Rose had already revealed herself to the pair. She was small but the girl felt as if she towered above them both. "Everything that belonged to my father now belongs to me" she declared while staring down the children that were assumed her siblings. She spoke in such a tone that demanded attention, as if she was screaming for them to acknowledge her. The princess wished to be the one to decide if they were allowed access, after all she considered everything within the claim to be hers. She looked to Shalon then, her eyes questioning her...do you deny this? Would the current queen reject the rightful heir or would she accept what the girl had boldly stated? Whatever the decision, it would have a lasting impact on Rose.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
Messages In This Thread
Running - by Honey - January 13, 2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Running - by Shalon - January 13, 2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Running - by Honey - January 14, 2017, 05:45 PM
RE: Running - by Shalon - January 19, 2017, 11:35 PM
RE: Running - by Honey - January 20, 2017, 01:11 AM
RE: Running - by Rose - January 20, 2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Running - by Shalon - January 21, 2017, 10:54 PM