Redhawk Caldera Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Shortly after they'd begun, the party expanded once more as Elwood came to join in the digging. Liffey shuffled to make room for him, but didn't stop her efforts. Raven's fervor was contagious and soon enough, though she didn't know what was motivating this burst of energy, the girl was digging with just as much desperation.

They had done this before - multiple times. Every day they worked on chipping away at the wall, bit by bit. It had never seemed to do much of anything, even though the logical part of Liffey's mind knew that it had. Her paws and her arms ached from scraping at the snow, but she kept at it. Something seemed to be moving, and suddenly the girl could hear what it was that had ignited this fire in Raven. The others were digging too. The wall had thinned enough for her to hear them.

Liffey dug harder until it finally it happened. The snow began to collapse in on itself as the wall came down before them. Unlike Raven, Liffey was able to leap backwards out of the way before tumbling head on into the cave. She barely paused however before reaching forward again, her eyes searching as she called, "Mom!!"
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone. - by Liffey - February 19, 2017, 01:31 PM