Chimera Fields a crime so old as the sky and bone
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Being vague about things because I don’t actually know what’s going to happen in the Cyndine thread. I’ll edit my posts accordingly when I find out, but Rannoch probably would have said, “REALLY!?” either way, so I’m not too fussed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also going off the fact that Rian knows about Cypress’ feelings toward Ondine because of this thread but doesn’t know what actually happened yet. ALL MY THREADS ARE OUT OF ORDER. [flings confetti]

Also, this post is ridiculously short and clunky. I am sorry ♥

Buoyed by Rannoch’s serendipitous return, Cypress approached Rian with a spring in his step to mouth affectionately and respectfully at the underside of the older male’s muzzle. “Rannoch came back,” he said, proudly and unnecessarily, turning his head toward the turquoise-eyed wayfarer with something of a flourish. “He’s gonna come with us.” It didn’t occur to him that it might have been more tactful to ask Rian instead of stating it so baldly. Cypress simply assumed that like his other three cousins, Rannoch had an automatic “in”. Instinctively keeping his narrow skull at a level below both Rian’s and Rannoch’s, the eidolon fell silent. It was their turn to get reacquainted; he could tell Rian the story of his embarrassing defeat later. The implicit submission he felt toward his younger littermate and older cousin wasn’t something Cypress actively decided on — he was arriving late to the dominance party the same way he’d arrived late to the physical growth party, but this time he didn’t actually feel like he was missing anything.

More than anything else, he felt calm — and that was a relief in and of itself.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 12, 2017, 07:46 PM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 16, 2017, 10:47 AM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 17, 2017, 06:46 AM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 17, 2017, 04:58 PM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Rian - March 20, 2017, 12:51 AM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 21, 2017, 08:29 PM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Rian - March 24, 2017, 03:13 PM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 27, 2017, 08:25 AM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Rian - March 30, 2017, 05:17 PM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Cypress - March 31, 2017, 01:22 AM
RE: a crime so old as the sky and bone - by Rian - April 03, 2017, 12:32 AM