Ooc — Charmy
For Barristan - middle of the night

someday i’ll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me
where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that’s where you’ll find me
[size=3]somewhere over the rainbow[/size]

Ever since the death of his parents, the sightless young male had fallen silent. Not a laugh, nor a smile, came from him in the months that followed their deaths. He was clearly taking it so terribly hard. Although he knew that his parents would not live forever, he had thought they would at least be around to see him into adulthood. Though his mind was full of memories of his parents, especially of his father, there were specific things that would always stand out the most for him. Like when his father had taken him out into a space where he could run freely without worry of running into trees and such. The feel of the wind against his face had been priceless. And his father had been teaching him how to hunt. Since he was blind, his father had encouraged him to use scent and hearing. He’ll never forget the excitement he felt the very first time he caught something. He had been so excited that he had nearly missed his chance to actually kill what he’d caught.

Those days were all gone, though, only memories to relive in his thoughts, in his dreams. Leaving Sterrenvuur had been quite a painful thing, but he knew it was for the best. The first smile in many months had graced his face on the day the small group had left. It had been a small smile, but a smile none the less. It hadn’t lasted long, but it had been there. He spoke only when spoken to, but gave only specific, to the point answers. He did not delve into conversations with anyone, hadn’t since the death of his parents. He stuck as close to Julooke as absolutely possible, though he could sometimes be found tagging along with his brother.

Nightmares had woken him in the still of the night. Quietly and carefully, he had untangled himself from his older sister, silently moving away from the small band of wolves that were traveling together. He wasn’t going to go far, but needed some time to himself none the less. The nightmares had left him feeling cold inside and out. If he’d been human, he would have woken in a sweat. Picking his footing carefully, he moved further and further away from the group of sleeping wolves. Only when he felt he was a decent distance away, the sightless young male sank to the ground, burying his face against his paws. Part of him wanted to cry, but part of him refused to allow it to happen. As of yet, he hadn’t even cried for the death of his parents. He merely shut down, entirely. He was not living, merely existing. But the nightmares had left him feeling a horrible rush of emotions that he wasn’t sure how to process.

Messages In This Thread
restless soul - by Yildun - July 31, 2013, 12:56 PM
RE: restless soul - by Barristan - August 10, 2013, 05:07 PM
RE: restless soul - by Yildun - August 10, 2013, 09:15 PM