Moonspear i want to have the same last dream again, the one where i wake up and i'm alive
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Scion's parents had mentioned the afterlife a time or two, referring to places called heaven and hell, where the spirits of the righteous and evil went respectively when they died. Somehow, she knew this was the explanation for everything. It just clicked. But which one was this? Heaven? Or hell? She had gotten into a fair share of trouble during her short life as a wolf pup growing up in the badlands of Mexico. She had picked on her sisters quite a lot, in particular... but surely that didn't make her evil...?

With a jolt, she realized that no matter where she was now, she would never see her family again. Despite being cleaned and coddled by the unseen and unknowable wolf who had been licking her, Scion's mouth opened to let loose a long wail. The idea of never seeing Mom, Dad, Avalon, Mirai, Sequoia, Sienna and Tacoma again made her heart break in her little chest. She wanted to weep, yet no tears came from her sealed eyes.

Another realization slowly began to dawn on her: perhaps this wasn't so much an afterlife as another life altogether? Was that a thing? She couldn't remember ever living a life previous to her short duration as Scion, though perhaps this was only her second go-around? It was beyond belief but somehow, she innately knew it was the truth of the matter. Scion had died, yes, but this wasn't heaven or hell. Instead, she was reborn.

A third and final conclusion came to her: the owner of that soothing tongue was her new mother. Although there was an ache in her chest from losing her previous dam, Scion abruptly clung to the large, soft shape of her—as much as she could with her hammy little limbs, anyway. She might have been stuck in a tiny puppy body but for reasons beyond her reckoning, she was fully cognizant and she knew this she-wolf was her key to surviving this new life.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i want to have the same last dream again, the one where i wake up and i'm alive - by Galaxy - May 15, 2017, 10:25 AM