Wheeling Gull Isle a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied
165 Posts
Ooc —

it had seemed a good question, and Cascada was quick to inform her that that was not the case. her gaze found the woman's quickly, finding comfort in them, though was about the protest that she, capable enough to not die in the storm, did not need protecting. but the words died on her lips, for there was a good feeling in knowing that someone - someones, were looking out for her, in this place. 

the male - Komodo - spoke, reassuring her that they would not die. all fine and good, but she still did not completely believe those gathered. the unfailing trust and reverence that young things regarded the words of their superiors with had long faded from her, and thus her trust in the adults was not blind. and yet, the words did not fail to ease the question that had been biting at the forefront of her mind. 

The male mentioned that those injured should come forward. She shifted, glanced at Cascada, and considered. But she did not move, only the flicking of her ears and the stiffness of her stance displaying the uncertainty. her ribs were not bleeding, not broken, and her wounds would heal and loose their infection with careful atention, she was quick to think. gaze returned to Komodo, to the others, as they began to introduce themselves. " Anatha" she thoughts, maw still. " Anatha. I'm-" She remained soundless. her words failed her, now, and introducing herself would mean digging into the scary haze of memories. not yet. not now.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
Messages In This Thread
RE: a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied - by Anatha - June 24, 2017, 03:36 PM