Hideaway Strath a map to find my way in the dark
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
lil turo cameo~

A life without Roarke has become a sudden tragedy that the Fearghal family must overcome. It effects Arturo in his own quiet way. He does not grieve as openly as Lotte or the children — he does not feel that he is afforded such a luxury. Regardless of his pain the world keeps on turning and Teaghlaigh needs him to keep to his duties. He is Ceannasach and he cannot shuck his responsibilities to wallow in his grief. Thus: he does not deal with it. He accepts it as what it is because he is not afforded the luxury to tear apart the Teekon in search of him as he had once been able to. He does not say what he thinks: that Roarke is very likely dead. If he wandered outside the Ravine on his own it is extremely unlikely that the boy survived. Not on his own. Not when he couldn’t hunt and could barely defend himself. As much as Arturo liked to be believe that they Fearghals were a hearty bunch he was also a realist. The world stole a child from them too early and, for the gangster, what made it worse is that there is no closure. Roarke is probably dead but as there is no body to bury it leaves things open, painfully so.

He hears the voices of Ceallach, Mallaidh and Eirlys. He follows them, giving them some distance as they look heavenward. A meteor shower. The sight is ethereal and beautiful and for the first time in many days Arturo feels a small, albeit genuine, smile tug at the corners of his lips as Ceallach weaves a poetic tale (a talent he has no doubt gotten from Lotte). He wants to scoop them close and never let them out of his sight for the fear that they, too, would be taken from him too early but he does not. He reclines back upon his haunches and then lowers himself into a sphinx-like position upon the earth as he glimpses again at his children before he looks back to the sky, watching the marvel and glad that he could share in the phenomenon with the lotturos.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
a map to find my way in the dark - by ThE nArRaToR - July 01, 2017, 09:29 AM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Ceallach - July 01, 2017, 09:50 AM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Mallaidh - July 01, 2017, 10:13 AM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Ceallach - July 02, 2017, 02:36 AM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Arturo - July 02, 2017, 04:49 AM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Mallaidh - July 02, 2017, 02:19 PM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Hemlock - July 10, 2017, 02:50 PM
RE: a map to find my way in the dark - by Ceallach - July 10, 2017, 02:57 PM