Dragoncrest Cliffs i've always been a girl armed for war
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske listens as duty dictates of her as Thuringwethil went on to explain the Guardians to her — that they are apart of their culture but that only Commanders and those that are dead can speak to them and thus Eske is not worried she is about to hear divine voice randomly. She is not a night blood and not a Commander; nor will she ever be. In that, she is almost relieved. She struggles to believe in things she has no tangible proof of — like Gyda’s Gods. She does not voice her thoughts though, instead offering Heda a sage nod of her head. Thuringwethil believes that Julep is some divine offering and something about it turns Eske’s stomach. To Eske, the child is little more than a soggy whelp and until she proves she is worth something and can offer something to Drageda she does not play host in her mind to such fantastical things that she can not understand. I hope you are right, Eske thinks in regards to the Guardians not leading her astray. Regardless of if the girl is divine gift or not she is an outsider and thus she will remain such until she can prove otherwise (as far as Eske’s concerned, anyway). If she proves otherwise — and the statistics do not stack the odds in her favor — then Eske is willing to change her shrewd view of the whole matter. The statistics prove that few that remain loyal to Drageda began as outsiders for most of their ranks swell with those born here or in a pack within the coalition and coalition and Drakru born far outnumber the outsiders.

“I realize I should start off small with the first lesson — make a game out of it something to entice them. Perhaps I will have them partner up in two and have the last one spar with me…within reason of course. There is an odd number of children, after all,” Her salmon pink tongue draws across her lips as the salty brine ruffles the fur of her nape. She lesson plans aloud, looking for Heda’s advice, admittedly eager to get off the topic of Julep. She will do as she is commanded and take her turns at playing babysitter but it doesn’t mean she has to be happy about it. “I don’t expect anything of the introductory lesson other than to gauge what strengths to favor and what weaknesses will need worked on …and whom to pair them with.” The right sparring partner can make all the difference, after all. In a true fight Eske knows one does not get to chose their opponent and will have to rely on their skill and mind alone to win them the fight but they are just children and for now she thinks paring them with those that force them to work on their weaknesses will be advantageous to them. At least, at first. As they advance beneath her tutelage she will mix and match them to show them that fights are not always fair and you will not always be on equal or upper footing.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've always been a girl armed for war - by RIP Blodreina - July 02, 2017, 06:12 PM