Cedar Sweep i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
All Welcome 

Arturo lingers on the very precipice of sanity, clinging onto the edge though he knows his claws are slipping. He looks up at Riptiide as Mufasa looked to Scar: though Arturo does not beg to help. He wants to give in, he wants to surrender, to drown in the peace of numb that the witch doctor offers him. Riptide has always been there, silent. Learning, gathering strength and at the first sign of vulnerability the sinister parasite swooped in as villain or savior depends. He is, perhaps, both. Salvation and destruction. The gangster struggles and clings only because he feels that he needs to. For Hemlock, the for the children. To lose Lotte and Arturo ….would it be too much? Riptiide doesn’t much care — it’s not his problem. Arturo is breaking, cracking, coming undone in his own mind. Some part of him had always known that he would forever suffer the consequences of the tumble he’d taken down Ravenshook Cliffs that fateful day. In his heart of hearts he’d always suspected.

Arturo feels him, even now. Ready. Ready to push him off that edge. Ready to steal the spotlight. Ready to conquer. There is a war in Arturo’s mind and he’s fucking tired. It’s the reason he takes @Ceallach with him because he isn’t so sure he won’t just collapse from the crushing weight of the world. He’d thought about having the boy stay back and guard Hemlock but she is tended to by Eirlys and Arturo trusts that Tapat won’t let anything happen to them, memory issues aside; and anyway the Fearghal men are not too far away that they couldn’t hear a howl if it rose.

The svelte coywolf takes the lead, weaving through the tangled cedars as they began to map out a route. They cannot move with Hemlock so close to giving birth but that doesn’t mean they can’t have a plan ready. A safe path that they can carry the babes to the coast. As per Hemlock’s request: far away from forests. He freezes when he catches a familiar scent trail, faded but unmistakable all the same. Old enough that it was a few days ago (a week at most) but she’s been gone for two months and he knows she’s been through here recently. So close to Teaghlaigh. And yet, she hadn’t came to check in on them. Hadn’t came to see the woman whom had adopted her as daughter before she died.

Arturo’s head begins to pound with ferocity and he closes his eyes. From this, he can only draw a single conclusion: that Chusi has abandoned them. For what other reason would she have for being so close and never letting them know she was there? Her scent trail is mingled with the scent of other packs, Moonspear the strongest one he can discern and there is a violent anger that tears through him. His head pounds so hard that he can feel the pulse of it behind his eyes. Over the edge, over the edge, over the edge! In his mind, Arturo pulls himself up only to be slammed off the edge by Riptiide. His breathing is heavy pants, labored and the ache in his head eases, dulls and then is gone.

Eyes of fiery twin suns peek open and a low, mirthless chuckle escapes the witch doctor’s lips as flesh curls back from sharp incisors, forgetting in the shift of power within him that Ceallach is there at all, or why Arturo had even been furious in the first place. It didn't much matter now because it had made Arturo vulnerable and allowed for Riptiide to take what he wanted: absolute control.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Arturo - September 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
RE: i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Ceallach - September 10, 2017, 01:34 PM
RE: i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Arturo - September 11, 2017, 04:05 AM
RE: i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Ceallach - September 11, 2017, 04:59 PM
RE: i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Arturo - September 23, 2017, 03:17 AM
RE: i was everywhere, like a god, like a virus - by Arturo - October 07, 2017, 06:38 PM