Stone Circle I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
Ever since his talk with Nikai, Burr had busied himself each morning with learning to track down small animals. It was out of a sense of obligation more than real dedication or interest; he felt like he should be learning to hunt by now, so he tried his best to teach himself. Unfortunately for the Saefyn, it wasn't going as smoothly as he hoped. Most days he muddied up his trails and ended up following the wrong one. When he did manage to actually find an animal, he was hopeless at getting close to it.

Today was no different. The sun shone weakly overhead, casting pale shadows across the land, and Burr was hunkered down in one of those shadows, peering intently at an unaware squirrel across the clearing. He hadn't yet discovered why sometimes he was instantly noticed and other times he wasn't; the direction of the wind wasn't something he ever considered. His curled tail flicked behind him as he mentally counted the paces between him and his target, but he misjudged many other factors. When he rose to his feet and began his charge, the squirrel was quick to turn and head up the nearest tree.

With an uncharacteristic sound of frustration (born not only of his failure but other bottled up feelings as well), Burr flopped to the ground and glared up at the tree trunk.

Messages In This Thread
I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed - by Burr - October 11, 2017, 09:54 AM