Redhawk Caldera you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Utterly oblivious to their two silent observers, Wildfire looked down at her feet when Thuringwethil next spoke. For the first time, she felt a flicker of emotion at her mate's words. "Yes, you should have," she murmured almost too quietly to be heard. "Not that I'm unhappy here—I'm very grateful for my family's help—but I would've happily taken that risk, had I had a say in it. You brought what sounds like the entire pack here to find me but couldn't stay at least long enough for me to wake up and make that decision for myself? I'd been held there so long, I'd convinced myself you all had given up on me, left me behind. And then you did leave me behind."

She began shaking her head, still staring down at her paws as tears pricked her eyes and overflowed, dripping down her already snotty snout. "I'm only in slightly better shape than I was the last time you were here. But this time, I'm awake. And so I get a say." She exhaled shakily. "I'm staying here. There's a lot of healing I still have left to do and this is the best place for me for now.

I still plan on coming to Drageda in the spring,"
Wildfire added after a long pause, finally lifting her teary, splotchy face. "Although I'll never set foot anywhere near a cave again for as long as I live. And will I still have a place by then? With the pack? With the kids? With you?"
Messages In This Thread
you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Antumbra - November 12, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 13, 2017, 03:34 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Wildfire - November 13, 2017, 04:59 PM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 14, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 15, 2017, 02:53 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 19, 2017, 08:23 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - November 26, 2017, 07:04 AM
RE: you are blood and earth, not theory and chalk - by Eljay - December 12, 2017, 06:25 AM