King Elk Forest -- we can't say we didn't try
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
So I've come up with this and if you don't like / have an issue with any of it please let me know and I can change it!  I can't think of any IC reason she would have left so let me know if this is acceptable.

there is some kind of relief in how he tells her that she is always welcome, though bitterly she still wonders if she will be useful as that was the point of the pack and the question she'd asked.  still she decides not to push it; she could find out soon enough and could still pursue something else if someone had come in her absence.  then i'll stay.

part of her is proud of him for staying.  it is what a king should do yet the chill that hung in the air was not just from the weather but instead from themselves.  he had hardened himself.  

somewhere inside her, she cannot blame him.  it must've looked like she'd just up and left, just like uka, just like trajan, just like mitzi (who was never really part of the pack but had still captured brienne's interest for some time).  but the assumption hurt.  she'd had no reason to run away, to leave, especially so soon after announcing their mateship.

which was something she was not.. inclined to discuss.  still, he inquires what happened and brienne feels the need to defend herself against the opinion he holds, especially if word has gotten around that there's some tramp who stole the druid's heart and ran away.

i traveled past the borders to hunt and was captured.  i had to fight my way back.  it was all she was comfortable telling him, perhaps all she was ready for.  just like brienne, right?  always getting hurt, always falling at the feet of others.
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- we can't say we didn't try - by Seabreeze - November 25, 2017, 09:47 AM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by rip gemini - November 26, 2017, 05:51 AM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by Seabreeze - November 26, 2017, 12:40 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by rip gemini - November 26, 2017, 01:01 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by Seabreeze - November 26, 2017, 01:25 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by rip gemini - November 26, 2017, 03:45 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by Seabreeze - November 26, 2017, 04:00 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by rip gemini - November 27, 2017, 04:25 AM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by Seabreeze - November 28, 2017, 05:57 PM
RE: -- we can't say we didn't try - by rip gemini - November 29, 2017, 04:17 AM