King Elk Forest -- we both know a break does exactly what it says on the tin
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

the corners of her mouth turn into a grimace.  she did not think delight was correct in his assumption that mato loved her.  

she never asked him to forsake tindome for her.  but to at least.. be excited about her return?  be relieved she had survived?  she had expected that.  was it really too much to ask?

she didn't think so.  not if he had loved her.  not if what they had was more than infatuation.  looking at it from an outsider's perspective she realized too late that she had built herself around him, a pitiful amnesiac following a prince to his kingdom with promises of forever.

she had never really learned who she was outside of them, and when it was gone?  she had been left with nothing.

i don't think so, delight.  i don't think he loved me.  but that's okay, because he has you now.  i see myself in you and i want to tell you — he will do to you what he did to me.  he will cast you aside as easy as he abandoned me.

she meets his eyes now, serious.

i don't mean that in a bad way.  if you can love him, then love him.  i know you do.  go and be happy together.  but i swear, delight, if he hurts you?  i will find him.  and it was a threat she intended making good on.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread