Moonstone Quarry hurt me? you can’t — i’ve got mounds of thick skin
65 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Private 
@Drogon

She should be too difficult to really see in the darkness. ^^

She told herself that going this far from home was unavoidable. She put an irritated flick into her step, pulled her lips into a thin line, and hunched her shoulders, contorting her chubby, rounded frame into a series of angry, jagged angles. By the time she [almost literally] stumbled upon the limestone quarry, Eirlys had all but convinced herself that she was out here against her will.

Mitted paws shuffled carefully along the unsteady surface, moving ever downward; as luck would have it, the vanilla-furred Fearghal had inherited her surefootedness from the Ansbjørn side of the family. The path she’d chosen led her into a wide spiral that narrowed slightly the deeper she went. “Like walking through the chambers of a n-nautilus,” she murmured, her voice crumbling at the amplification brought about by the walls of stone. Rounded ears tucked defensively against her head momentarily, but she was quick to regain the innate confidence that lay deep within the marrow of her bones. “Nuku, nuku, nurmilintu,” she sang to herself, just to prove how untroubled she was, the notes pitch perfect but the tone stripped bare of emotion or inflection.

She hopped the last few feet, and that’s about the time the Fearghal side of the family kicked in. Her paws slipped out from under her and left her in an unattractive faceplant with her ample rump in the air and her tail ramrod straight in the air like a bold exclamation point.

Once she recovered from her shock, Eirlys bounded to her feet. The excitement of being somewhere new and unexplored was enough to make her forget that she was pretending to be angry — all that wanderlust she tried so hard to stifle and still surged to the forefront and she instinctively moved deeper into the shadows, rooting around in the crystal pools with unfeigned interest.
Messages In This Thread
hurt me? you can’t — i’ve got mounds of thick skin - by Eirlys - December 28, 2017, 02:49 AM