Tuktu Weir woke up on the wrong side of reality
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Hope this is okay! Let me know if anything needs to be changed

Nathaniel’s attention was on the old wolf just moments before he howled, and something spurred him to move. He wasn’t certain what it was-- some glimmer of recognition? But he was so dazed, and all his attention was suddenly on the effort of standing. Somehow he rose steadily, moving towards the elder with long strides.
Hold still! He barked out, a little harsher than he had intended-- if only the old fool would quit squirming...
It was only when he was there, taking the other’s scruff between his teeth and preparing for something he’d never quite be ready for in his state, that he realized why his reaction was so primal, so urgent. This wolf was his kin-- the blunted tail, the familiar markings. He almost dropped the old man he now knew to be his father.
Nathaniel steeled himself, banishing the thought for now with an inner vow to come back to it. He gripped Burke tightly and lifted only slightly-- it was as much as he dared. Though he was almost as large as his father, and strong from his profession, he was presently weak.
Nat dragged his father off the ice, to what had been the shoreline of the frozen lake. He was as gentle as possible, but his movements were involuntarily clumsy and no doubt he jostled the old wolf a bit.
He collapsed beside him when he was safe, panting.
You picked a bad time to show up and fall, old man. He growled, rolling onto his side. I was right in the middle of my own damn crisis.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Nathaniel Sr. - December 29, 2017, 05:01 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - December 29, 2017, 05:20 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 01, 2018, 07:29 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - January 02, 2018, 10:35 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - January 10, 2018, 09:13 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - January 15, 2018, 08:12 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - January 22, 2018, 04:32 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - February 02, 2018, 09:17 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 17, 2018, 03:40 AM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - February 18, 2018, 04:03 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side of reality - by Burke - March 05, 2018, 03:57 AM