Bearclaw Valley To the ends of the Earth
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She watched as he nosed the corpse, and her pride was wounded as she blinked back the tears that stung the back of her eyes. He was checking to see if it was fresh. As if she would bring back a stale carcass. A mixture of anger and hurt boiled inside of her, but her stance never changed. She tensed at his voice, taking a deep breath. Even with his reluctant acceptance, she felt defeated. Hoping none of them caught the single tear that sank into the snow, she kept her head down as the pair turned their backs and walked towards their home. 
She heard his almost inaudible breath and clenched her jaw, forcing her emotions behind a flimsy wall...for now. Shaking her head at his words, she closed her eyes and allowed him to lick away the blood. It was comforting, even if his tone was almost harsh. Her voice was quiet but firm. It's his pack. His rules. He didn't require you to. It was my responsibility to show I was still capable. It wasn't your fault. She blinked her eyes, the world going dark for a moment. But she refused to show weakness, although she had started repeating herself. He didn't need to worry about her. Why was she pushing him away? Not wanting to dwell on that thought, she nuzzled his neck. The man's voice echoed through her head, and a shiver went down her spine as a vague image of another male floated through her head. She started murmuring, doubt in her voice. He seems like a good leader, right? He's not like....Lonzo...right? His voice, tho. She shivered again, feeling lightheaded. 
She hadn't said that name consciously since...Taking a deep breath, she looked up at Dakarai and gave him a small smile, trying to reassure him, yet she felt cold. She could do this. She wanted to prove she wasn't weak like he said. She wanted to make Dakarai proud. Wagging her tail hesitantly, she waited for him to speak, nervously.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 08:26 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 02, 2018, 11:35 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Reigi - February 03, 2018, 03:40 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 03, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 04, 2018, 03:02 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 04, 2018, 06:36 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 05, 2018, 02:04 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 06, 2018, 10:54 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 11, 2018, 06:12 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Reigi - February 11, 2018, 12:00 PM