Barrow Fields going to california with an achin' in my heart
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
She was smooth and coy, her green eyes rising to meet his with the utmost coolness. He blinked softly back at her, the smile still playing over his muzzle from his earlier laughter. Pretty girl, sleek and dark, with plenty of intelligence and humor in reserve. Just the kind of girl he'd fall for.

"I don't think you'd have any trouble meeting handsome strangers, no matter where you were," Shale responded, mouth curled in a wry grin. "Thanks for the compliment, though."

He took a step or two back, allowing her to rise to her feet if she so desired. He hoped she would; he didn't want to stand here talking to the ground, even if it hosted a beautiful woman for the time being. "I was being serious, though," he continued, face melting back into its usual impassive air. "It's cold out here. What are you doing out here all on your own?"

His tone straddled the line between flirtatious and protective; after Lucy had passed, he never had relearned the fine art of staying detached in these situations. Always worrying too much, taking too many steps ahead.
Messages In This Thread
going to california with an achin' in my heart - by Shale - February 12, 2018, 11:58 PM
RE: going to california with an achin' in my heart - by Shale - February 13, 2018, 12:44 AM