Moonspear i was hopelessly behind on reductions and meringues.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was beginning to doubt herself again. Not doubt that her heart truly wanted to leave Moonspear and find a new life for herself and Rannoch to share together, but just whether or not they should. Part of her felt much like she had back at the Caldera when she had wanted so desperately to leave to be with Rannoch. She had felt trapped then by her guilt over wanting a life for her own.

She felt that way now too, but tenfold. This was not a situation she had been born into that she wanted to leave - this was one she had chosen, at least partially. Circumstance had driven her here, but there had always been a choice for them not to stay. But they had, and they had taken the care and resources of their new packmates. Though they had both worked tirelessly to earn their keep and repay their debt, Liffey still worried that it wouldn't be enough to spare them from Moonspear's ire at learning of their desire to leave.

But then she remembered when she finally had left the Caldera. The freedom she had felt... Maybe it was selfish, but good lord did she long to feel that way again. And that just wouldn't happen here. Not in a pack where they crippled a wolf for trying to protect his family. Where they held wolves against their will, then called it generosity and lorded it over their captives. Where they hunted down and tormented an innocent little boy for running away when he was frightened. Where they would ostracize someone just because a boy had chosen to love her.

Liffey sighed, feeling somewhat relieved when Rannoch confessed his own misgivings towards remaining in Moonspear. She truly didn't want to force his decision, no matter how strongly she felt about the matter. "It's all those girls..." she whispered, glancing around nervously as though they would show up at any moment (since so often lately, they did), "They're cruel and manipulative. I don't trust them, and I don't want them anywhere near our family. I mean... the one we will have, someday. I can't imagine ever being comfortable having kids in a place that's within their reach, let alone under their roof."

She nodded in agreement with his final comment. It was what was best for them, and Liffey didn't want to live her life for anyone but herself and her family. "When should we tell them?" she asked, feeling discomfort squirming in her again.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was hopelessly behind on reductions and meringues. - by Liffey - February 17, 2018, 09:20 AM