We are one
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Because the summoning call had been feminine in timbre, Koontz expected one of the she-wolves to step forth as a spokesperson. Instead, a tall stranger with a tawny and cream coat spoke, his copper eyes averting as he bowed his head. The youthful leader acknowledged this gesture by dipping her own grizzled snout, then pricked her ears to attention as the male explained who they were and what they wanted.

It surprised her a little that such a large group would seek to join a strange pack, rather than found one of their own. Koontz's pale eyes panned over the group again, counting them. They were already a pack in and of themselves. Surely, there was even a hierarchy amongst them. Yet, as her eyes returned to Barristan, she felt that they were being genuine. For reasons she couldn't know yet, they wanted to be a part of Dragonwatchers.

She almost asked the obviously question—Why?—but, after exchanging a glance with Ray, she held her tongue. Their pack could go from small to large with a single word. There would be many more mouths to feed now and many more bodies to house. In exchange, though, they would purportedly be acquiring hunters, guardians and even skywatchers. Koontz thought of her father and wondered if Ray was doing the same.

"Well, I need to find out who these passerby are and thank them for the recommendation," Koontz said lightly, breaking whatever ice remained between herself and the group. "You seem like the spokesperson for the group, Barristan. Could you introduce everyone and tell me of any special skills, if any, they possess?" Perhaps those in the group would want to introduce themselves, yet Koontz thought they could avoid confusion this way.

"I am Koontz, the Beta here," she introduced herself to start, "and this is my brother and Sigma, Ray. And this," she finished, sweeping the plateau behind them with her eyes before her gaze returned, specifically landing on Barristan's own copper keekers, "is Dragonwatchers."
Messages In This Thread
We are one - by Julooke - August 07, 2013, 02:35 PM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 07, 2013, 02:47 PM
RE: We are one - by Yildun - August 07, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: We are one - by Barristan - August 09, 2013, 11:45 AM
RE: We are one - by Verrine - August 12, 2013, 01:03 AM
RE: We are one - by Koontz - August 14, 2013, 01:39 PM