Stavanger Bay Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
She was losing her steam, and he could see it. Her expression grew cold and she flooded him with reasoning behind why she felt she was in the right, but she didn't know how wrong she actually was. The anger of a Cairn was firing cannons inside of him, but he refrained from leaping to her and putting her in her place. It had gone beyond the fact that she had uprooted Sandpiper and stolen a rank from her with some pretentious air that she belonged as First Mate. It was, perhaps, in her vicious remarks toward how he was running his own crew that sunk the nail in the coffin.

“I don't give a bilge rat's hairy arse what ye used to do, Rosalyn,” he said her name in the most condescending tone that he could muster. “Or the crew ye used to run wit, aye? If ye liked the way they did it, ye can run yer happy lil puss back to 'em, can't ye?” The glint in his gaze was still strong and he still held his head aloft. As much as he was not pleased with Rosalyn having taken his sister's place in the ranks, he was even more upset with the idea that she was telling him how his crew was intended to be run. It was not her place; it would never be her place. “Ye took me sister's place without even the faintest idea how the Ironsea is meant to be run. Ye might have earned yer sea legs when ye were a whelp, but ye haven't earned 'em here. Ye might have earned a sad little nickname from another crew, but ye haven't earned yer name here,” he snapped at her.

The bristling of his pelt had grown, and his tail lashed like a predator. “I don't care where ye came from, but when yer tryin' to make a home in my crew... maybe take the time to see how it's run, eh? Before ye think ye can make it better. Ye may have taken me sister's rank, but ye've got a long ways to go before ye'll have the respect of a First Mate,” the yearling said and cast her a sad expression. As much as he wanted to strip her of her title and cast her to the sea, it was not his fight. Sandpiper would need to reclaim her place when that was right for her.

“Ye don't get nothin' fer free here. Ye earn it wit every speck o' blood ye got in yer body. An' ye haven't earned a damn thing.”
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Messages In This Thread
Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart - by Rosalyn - March 06, 2018, 01:01 PM
RE: Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart - by Smokestep - March 06, 2018, 03:09 PM