Larksong Grotto fears
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
dauntless finds her genuine excitement for his to-be status baffling. he struggles to keep the perplex off of his expression but it shows itself subtly in the twitch of his ear and the sweep of his gaze as he processes it. given that he has yet to work out how precisely he feels about it, a stranger's excitement places him in some awkward cross between being weirded out, protective and guilty. Guilty, mind, because he doesn't share in that excitement. in truth, dauntless has existed in a state of ...disinterest in the whole ordeal while he tries to figure out if he's excited or scared shitless. siblings are a lot of work and he, as a newly minted big brother, would be taking on new responsibilities. of course it was terrifying.

are you excited? ah, the dreaded question. "erhm," dauntless hesitates as he contemplates whether he wants to blatantly lie or not. "i...don't know. to be honest." he speaks on a heavy sigh. there was no use in lying, no doubt his hesitation was a pretty big tell-tale on how he felt about it: extremely conflicted and unsure. "i don't know how to be a big brother." he admits with a sheepish twitch of his lips was given.

she remarks that they will probably be stuck here for a while and dauntless feels himself nodding with passive acceptance of that fact. he's not overly bothered by that knowledge and he thinks he got pretty lucky as far as companions went. she offers her name next and he sweeps his gaze over her again as if learning her name somehow gave him a new perspective to see her. "i'm dauntless." he offers simply and then lets out a small half laugh remembering in lieu of offering his name bluntly as he had that it was a name that could also be used as a word to describe someone as fearless. "i mean my name is dauntless." he clarifies and then adds, because he's suddenly remembered that she's pretty and he's nervous, "or you could call me Mirza instead of Dauntless. Mirza's also my name so ..." he trails off then lest he look like a bigger than idiot than he already does, gives a soft clear of his throat and pointedly avoids his gaze to stare at the green brush in the background.
Messages In This Thread
fears - by Eris - March 31, 2018, 04:08 PM
RE: fears - by Dauntless - March 31, 2018, 04:39 PM
RE: fears - by Eris - March 31, 2018, 04:47 PM
RE: fears - by Dauntless - April 01, 2018, 04:10 AM
RE: fears - by Eris - April 19, 2018, 07:01 PM
RE: fears - by Dauntless - April 21, 2018, 06:32 AM
RE: fears - by Eris - May 06, 2018, 09:42 PM
RE: fears - by Dauntless - May 27, 2018, 04:49 AM
RE: fears - by Eris - June 02, 2018, 11:47 AM