Stavanger Bay i'm moving into stillness
t o m o r r o w
27 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

the morning was moody and cloaked in a dense fog.  snow fell in solitary flakes like ash from the clouds that squatted low over the bay.  ava's wanderlust had fled her and in its place a dull thrum settled in her breast behind her sternum, knocking her bones with each hesitant beat of her heart.  she was not a woman well-suited for lonesome travels; each day that passed stirred more restlessness from deep within.

she sucked in a breath through her teeth, working at the inside of her cheek as she moved from the bluff with the waves at her back.  the snow-laden grass shifted into sand with time and it gave her pause once she noticed it.  the wayward ember worked her toes into it, feeling how it shifted around each of the finely crafted bones of her paws to encase them in warmth.  how peculiar.

she removed her toes from the sand and continued walking.  she had started to smell the packlands some time ago, and though at the time she had deliberately tried to shut it from her mind, it had forced its way back with increasing intensity each time.  now it was almost entirely unbearable.

the songbird slowed, her milky eyes raking the landscape that was so foriegn to her -- thick evergreen and deciduous forests were all she had ever called home.  she drew her lip between her teeth before she raised her maw with a tentative grace.  her ears slid back against the plush crown of her head and a lilting soprano cut through the cheerless morning air, beckoning any soul that might be out there. 

when the sun comes up we'll be nothing but dust
Messages In This Thread
i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 07:56 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 08:57 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 09:44 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 07, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 07, 2018, 11:51 PM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Ava - April 08, 2018, 12:43 AM
RE: i'm moving into stillness - by Smokestep - April 08, 2018, 11:20 PM