67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

Through his soft sobs, he listened when the other male spoke. The mention of his father’s name did cause the sightless boy to hurriedly lift his head from his paws, turning his head toward the other male. Sightless eyes almost appeared to be staring at the other male while surprised danced upon his features through the sorrow. “You know my dad?” he breathed, sounding just as surprised as he looked. “My brother and I are the youngest of the litters him and my mom had. We had another brother but he died young. It’s… it’s been a few months since mom and dad died. Mom had been sick for a while. And dad… well… I don’t know what happened. He just… seemed to lose his mind or something. They… they were found together. I guess that’s how they died… together.” He wasn’t sure why he was saying all this, but he seemed unable to stop once he started. Yildun just hoped the other male wouldn’t end up thinking ill of him because of his rambling.

He had only heard about Shearwater Bay, but he had met the Nereides on more than one occasion. Though he hadn’t spoken a whole lot during those times, he had found them to be rather charming. “I know some of the Nereides,” he voiced out loud, giving a very faint nod of his head. “Never met anyone from Shearwater Bay, though, but I did kind hear about them here and there. Nothing much, though. Just something about bear gods or something like that.” He fell silent then, unsure of his own ramblings at this point. He was trying hard to not think about the sadness that was plaguing him, though his tears had yet to stop rolling down his face. All the built up mournful emotions had become too much for his young self to bear without letting them out. He missed his parents, especially his dad. And this place, these hot springs, brought it all out it seemed.

“The stars talk to me…” He had said it before he could stop himself and he hoped that the other male wouldn’t think of him as some weirdo or something. “They talk to me in my sleep, mostly. But I haven’t been able to hear them since my parents died. I think… I think it’s because of how sad I am from losing them.” He hadn’t thought a whole lot about why he’d been unable to hear the stars talking to him since the death of his parents until now. The sightless young male was almost as upset about not being able to hear the stars as he was over the loss of his parents. “I miss them,” he whimpered, flopping his head back onto his paws. “My parents… I miss them so much, especially my dad. He was teaching me things, helping me to learn how to do things, like hunting, even with being unable to see…”

Embarrassed that he was breaking down in front of a complete stranger, the sightless young male suddenly shoved himself to his paws, turned in the direction his new home was and dashed away...

Messages In This Thread
catalyst - by Kerberos - August 09, 2013, 08:02 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 09, 2013, 09:09 PM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 09, 2013, 09:44 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 10, 2013, 11:30 AM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 13, 2013, 11:03 AM