Heron Lake Plateau My unicorn got run over by a tractor
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Ok how is it 3am I think I am just going to stop writing now. >_>  New day, new edits. :D

Perhaps it had been his own fault that he'd become just some cog in the machine of the pack, known but not a friend.  It was supposed to be different here, but that didn't stop him from falling into old habits that now may be mistakes.  He'd made assumptions about the others, and one of those had been that Raven was too busy to give him the time of day.  Obviously, he'd been wrong.  Was he wrong about everyone or was she special?  Honestly, he was quick to believe she was the only one that wouldn't been as expected, but again, old habits.

If Quixote was to try to be more of a leader, at the encouragement of both Towhee and Raven, he'd probably have to put a stop to some of the things that he assumed.  He'd have to actually go meet the others in the pack that he had only brushed by in passing, that he'd probably have to prove himself worthy in one way or another.  But how?  He wasn't really sure, as vying for position had never really been his game.  Should it be?  It wouldn't be a set of questions that would be answered easily.

And there was Towhee's other comment making an appearance, bringing a smirk to Quixote's face Yeah, she mentioned that.  I'd be happy to help you with that stuff.  Might not have a clue about any of it, but I can at least collect what I'm pointed at.  Raven was even closer now, and though he'd rather do more, Quixote settled for bumping Raven's shoulder playfully.  They did probably need to have this talk, one way or another, though he wish it hadn't been forced the way it had.  Probably should try to get through it without too many amorous distractions.  Unfortunately.  Quixote kind of wanted to ditch the whole thing and come back to it later.

To him, talking to Towhee was the biggest of all risks.  She had the power to ruin things, even if it wasn't fair for her to do so.  The other members of the pack mattered far less, even the betas -- they were all allowed opinions, but there was no saying he'd give a damn.  Sure, he was wary but at the same time he trusted Raven knew her sister well enough to know it wouldn't end too badly, You sure?  I mean...  Hiding could be fun -- at least if I know my lines.  But if you think it's best, go for it...  He couldn't really help himself (so much for being all professional), as he wanted to give her some show that he'd stand by her choice, so Quixote leaned in to nuzzle her cheek as he murmured, Though if she tries to give you trouble about it, lemme know.  And he did mean it, perhaps more seriously than he sounded.  Towhee wasn't going to be allowed to take Raven away from him, if he had any say.

But Raven's wording bugged him, and after a few moments he leaned away slightly to get a better look at her, But.  This.  Um.  Are we just winging it?  Or.  Uh.  Words.  Though he was trying to gauge her potential reply, his own fumbles made him look away before he could really do so.  There were certain things he knew, but this was part that he definitely didn't.  It probably made him sound more like a yearling than a fully-fledged adult, awkward and maybe a bit shy.  He could guess what he wanted for himself, but he obviously didn't know what Raven thought.  Nor was this likely the best time to make more serious decisions, with their addled brains, but he was curious whether she'd been meaning anything specific.  There was always the chance the dream was fated to end.
Messages In This Thread
My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 11:04 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 03, 2018, 01:34 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - May 03, 2018, 05:01 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 05, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 08, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 12:52 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 02:50 AM