Heron Lake Plateau she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She hadn't really expected Towhee to order her to abort the puppies, so when the alpha recoiled and objected venomously, Raven wasn't surprised. While she had truly meant to follow Towhee's wishes if she had commanded thus, the medic had mostly just wanted to prove to Towhee that she did respect her position in the pack. Everyone knew how Raven felt about puppies, and putting the fates of her own blood children into the hands of the young alpha was, in her own mind, the ultimate show of trust and deference. Also, there was another reason for it as well. When Towhee asked how she could even think of doing such a thing, Raven looked at her and replied, "It is the way of the alpha to kill forbidden puppies. If it came to that, I would rather take their lives myself than put that on you."

Towhee went on to mention Quixote's promotion, though Raven hadn't realized it was the alpha position they were talking about. That was a surprising detail. She started to comment when Towhee continued, moving on to a train of thought that nearly gave Raven a heart attack. Before the words had even finished leaving her sister's mouth, the healer was already shaking her head. She returned Towhee's gaze with a very ಠ_ಠ expression on her face and answered, "Holy shitballs, child. Quit with that crazy talk. I've never aspired to lead, Tow. You know that. I...wouldn't be a good alpha anyway."
Messages In This Thread
she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:29 PM
RE: she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 04:57 PM