Gilded Bay deserted, my organs can go on without me
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
*melts*

The touch, it--he couldn't describe it. It sent not a jolt but a wave of serenity through him, rippling over his body like the water against their legs. He closed his eyes, taking a breath and enjoying the moment of silence that fell over them. He was coming. Cortland was coming with him. Everything would be all right.

He nuzzled the boy gently, pulling back to stare up the coast, where they would soon find themselves under the comforting shadow of the mountain he'd once called home. The moon was bright and would guide their way. And once they were there. . .

"Fengari, watch over us," he intoned in the ritual language, looking to the sky. He gazed upward for a long moment before resting his gaze upon Cortland, at once both gravely serious and ready to burst out of his pelt with the excitement of it all. "Let's go, then," he said, and excitement won over, breaking from his maw with a giddy giggle.

Grinning, he butted his head gently against Cortland's shoulder and dipped his nose, splashing the boy with a spray of cool water before wheeling and racing away, water flying in his wake. "Let's go!"
Messages In This Thread
RE: deserted, my organs can go on without me - by Phocion - May 19, 2018, 02:12 AM