Lost Creek Hollow How can something so small be so frustrating?
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She continued to listen quietly as Howl offered more details of his former...mate? She thought that seemed like the right word for it. She was, again, not surprised that he been a doting father-to-be. But as he continued to discuss what happened once he joined Heartha's pack, Brynn wondered again what had happened. It seemed he really cared for her, so what changed?

The answer was like a kick to the chest. He had moved his head back on top of her's, but she knew that tactic. He was hiding his face from her to keep her from seeing the emotion that had to be in his eyes; she had the same defense mechanism. She didn't push him to look at her, though. Instead, she nuzzled his neck offering him comfort with her touch. 

She was, honestly, speechless for a few minutes, offering him only wordless comfort by continuing to press her face into his throat. She knew grief, as well, and knew how deep it scarred the soul. Her heart ached for him. Finally when she was able to speak, she quietly said, "I'm so sorry," her voice full of sadness and understanding. She couldn't think of any other words that would be helpful, so she continued to soothe his hurt with nuzzles to his neck as a soft whine escaped her lips.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Messages In This Thread
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - June 10, 2018, 05:51 AM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Howl - September 04, 2018, 01:59 AM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - September 05, 2018, 02:13 AM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Howl - September 10, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - September 11, 2018, 12:12 AM