Arrow Lake I was only for to die beside
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
All Welcome 

AW! But tagging for reference

The night felt cold and without purpose. A thick fog had crept upon her and the sky was as black as tar. No stars. She could only see the faint light that reflected off the moon and had traveled miles and miles to get here, only to disappear in the heavy mist. The rocky terrain beneath her paws made the night feel even colder. With careful steps she navigated her way between the rocks. Zula had smelled the clear, metal scent of water and had left @Nikan 's side, during their journey away from Shadow Mountain, to find the stream. It couldn't be much farther now. In the distance she could hear the sound of running water and the grey she-wolf picked up her pace. 

When she came closer, she could hear the water clearly now. It was too dark to see anything except for a faint glistening. She took a step forward and she could feel a coldness running over her paws. The current was fast and strong. It took her a moment to realize that his wasn't a stream. It was a waterfall. Zula quickly turned, but it was too late. The ground beneath her feet disappeared when a rock fell into the deeper water, taking Zula with it. The icy-cold hit her like a lightning strike and she couldn't breathe. She tried to grab onto something, but her paws kept slipping. There was so much water. A moment later her paws didn't touch the ground anymore. She was falling, drowning, approaching the earth rapidly. It must have been only a couple of seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. 

The end rushed towards her like the waves rushing to the shore. There was no poetic last breath, there was no last thought, only the dawning realization that nothing would ever happen again. There was only fear. 

When she hit the water, a paralyzing pain washed over her. Slowly, little waves brought her body to shore. Everything felt unreal, but she could take shallow breaths again. Nikan, she muttered into the dark night, before even the light of the moon faded and everything went black and silent.

I couldn't ever bring myself
to hate you as I'd like
Messages In This Thread
I was only for to die beside - by Zula - May 18, 2018, 04:08 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Nikan - May 18, 2018, 04:32 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Serem - May 19, 2018, 03:08 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Nikan - May 19, 2018, 03:14 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Serem - May 19, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Nikan - May 19, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Serem - May 19, 2018, 04:38 PM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Nikan - May 20, 2018, 10:05 AM
RE: I was only for to die beside - by Serem - May 20, 2018, 06:11 PM