Heron Lake Plateau the intermittent shuttering of shadow
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote lay down properly then, watching both wobble towards him with levels of fascination that pretty much could only come from being a completely inexperienced first-time father.  Yeah, it was probably bordering on terrifying in a way -- then again, that was probably a good thing because it kept him from doing anything outrageously stupid because he was afraid of hurting them.

Anyway, sorry Raven, you're not the only one able to crack this jerk any more: now there was a puppy chewing on his nose.  Quixote did his best to not move, not wanting to knock either of the uncoordinated pups off their feet by accident.  Had it been any pup other than Kite who was seeing if his nose was actually attached to his face, he probably would have just licked them, but instead she'd just get a few nose-wiggles and an exhalation from a stifled laugh.

He was pretty much awestruck by the little buggers, his voice quiet and probably a little garbled from the fact he was trying to hold still, So I see.  Do I need to bring them back down?  And I got food up here for you.  I think Kite's trying to eat me, though, and surprisingly, Owen hadn't really joined in other than a few swats.  Let's be real, though, the pups were definitely attention magnets, so he whispered to them faux-conspiratorially, I'd offer it to you two but I think you're maybe a little small still, huh?  He looked over to Owen, halfway expecting him to just decide to charge the rabbit instead or something.
Messages In This Thread
the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Kite - July 07, 2018, 01:41 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Owen - July 09, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Phoebe - July 09, 2018, 11:17 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Quixote - July 11, 2018, 01:56 AM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Kite - July 12, 2018, 07:36 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Owen - July 14, 2018, 02:31 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Raven - July 15, 2018, 09:11 PM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Quixote - July 17, 2018, 03:25 AM
RE: the intermittent shuttering of shadow - by Kite - July 26, 2018, 01:09 PM