Broken Boulder no, i never sold my soul
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Maybe it was a defense mechanism, Queenie's immediate disassociation. Alarian's words, sharp as they were, sailed gently across the top of her head as she wondered just who it was who he thought he was talking to. She watched him through blank eyes, only looking away for a second as Eris made her appearance. There were a number of ways that she could have reacted in the moment, but because Brilliance was there and Queenie was outnumbered by one, she decided that she ought to take it slow.

And so she did.

Allowing a moment to pass after Alarian finished speaking, Queenie thought about what she would say. She thought about what she would do, and more importantly, what she could do. She thought about how this pack placed more weight onto group therapy sessions than proper defense training, and how easy it would be to make her escape. Queenie thought about a lot of things, but putting Alarian back into his place was the only one that stuck.

Are you done? she asked calmly, not wasting time on waiting for his reply. You're right. I am selfish. I am so selfish that I sacrificed my life, my comfort, and my health to bring them into this world, and now I'm sacrificing one or two feedings a day to keep them safe. Have you thought about that, Ali? Queenie asked, taking one slow step closer as her hackles began to raise, Have you thought about the fact that your pack is so defenseless and weak that if I wanted to overthrow you right now I could and there would be no one here to stop me? Has that thought crossed your mind?

Because it's crossed mine, she snapped, taking another step, It's all that I can fucking think about. You think that I do this because I'm a shitty mom, or because I care more about my recreation time than keeping my kids alive? I do this because no one else is, and I'll be damned if some cocky son of a bitch wanders by and puts my family at risk because you and your people are too scared to tend to the borders yourselves. That response alone took most of Queenie's patience (and breath) away, but even then, there was more to be said.

Looking to Delight and both admiring and despising how he had positioned himself over Brilliance, Queenie snorted and continued on. And I'll tell you what. I hope that you send her to come and touch my children. Seriously, Alarian, I dare you to be that bold. Give me a reason to hurt someone, because Lord knows I've waited long enough.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
Messages In This Thread
no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 10, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 10, 2018, 08:11 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 10, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 12, 2018, 08:01 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 12, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 14, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 16, 2018, 05:25 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 16, 2018, 05:36 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by RIP Stephanie - July 16, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 16, 2018, 07:58 PM