Emberflame Ridge skill, not emotion, sends my arrow flying
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Private 
Merc Thread with @Wraen :)

The sun was only just beginning to tip over the jagged horizon, washing Emberflame Ridge in an ominous sanguine glow. Embry finished off the final scarce morsels of his dinner; grunting as he hefted himself to all fours. His flaxen coat was eerily pale in the tide of dampening light. 

Great. He thought sullenly as he gazed back at the remnants of meat and blood splayed across the ground. Now every damn wolf this side of the ridge know I'm here. Might as well have howled. He shook his head. Normally he was an optimistic, rallying type guy. If there was something in need of resolution, surely negativity wouldn't achieve anything, right? Yeah. It's a lot harder when you're flying solo in unfamiliar territory. 

A long time ago, Embry learned that a wolf looking for trouble could scent a loner three times as fast as a peacekeeper could. Maybe tonight he'd be proven wrong, eh? He tore his sea-green orbs from the pulpy viscera, scowling as the tempting fumes filled his nostrils. Surely nobody will pick me up? I'm near the base of the ridge, after-all... 

If he chose to stay and defend the kill, he would be in for a nice breakfast and possible lunch tomorrow. That was more than some loners could ask for in a hundred years. He plopped to a sitting position beside the meat; huffing sanctimoniously. Alright, Embry. Try not to get yourself killed. He chuckled haughtily. No wolf was going to disrupt his potential for a nutritious morning meal.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
skill, not emotion, sends my arrow flying - by Embry - July 15, 2018, 09:33 PM