Serpent Lake and the sea was a reminder
dayvan cowboy
99 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Oh, right! Her perplexed question sent him quickly backtracking, as providing context wasn't Lucca's strong suit sometimes. The poor girl was probably overwhelmed with information by now, but he just couldn't stop. He was on a conversational roll here! Well, there's my ma and pa, and I have a brother my age named Tegan who kinda looks like me but smaller, and two sisters, Clover and Fiadh ā€” Fiadh's the one who I'm out here looking for ā€” but Clover's back at home. Oh! And also four older siblings ā€” Eljay's still at home too but they rest have all dispersed by now, I think... he paused for a second, as if deep in thought before he continued. And I have two baby siblings too, and a bunch of adopted relatives and uncles and aunts and...

Man, she was right to be curious ā€” his family really was yuge.

He bit his tongue to stop himself before he went any further, knowing full well he could have recounted the entirety of the Redhawk and Blackthorn lineage to the poor girl if he felt like being really long-winded. As it was, however, she had gotten much more than she had probably bargained for for that simple question, and perhaps Lucca should learn to keep some details closer to his chest. For now, though, he assumed it was all cool ā€” he didn't think he saw any malevolence behind those baby blues.

He met her gaze with a beaming smile once more, nodding at her soft-spoken comment. You could come visit! He blurted out suddenly. Oh shit. His eyes widened in shock slightly and he quickly stuttered. I-I mean if you want, I c-could show you 'round, the others wouldn't mind. Would they? Tegan had a bit of a track record of bringing strangers home, but none that he knew of had been accepted. Quite the opposite, really. But they had been loners, surely a simple visit from a sophisticated lady such as Shisu would be okay? Iā€”...where do you live?

But the damage had been done. He got a vague answer of where her home was before the girl fled and Lucca was left alone and embarrassed. Eventually, he too slunk away with his tail between his legs. That'll teach him to be so forward.
Messages In This Thread
and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 09, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 06:12 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 11, 2018, 06:29 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 06:43 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 11, 2018, 07:01 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 07:35 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 12, 2018, 12:41 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 13, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 14, 2018, 08:24 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - November 02, 2018, 11:29 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - November 09, 2018, 10:47 PM