Redtail Rise i see the exodus of light
enough is an illusion
53 Posts
Ooc — KJ
heal, not hurt.

her words are meant to be reassuring, silkie is sure. yet, that does not change the fact that he's not truly convinced. unknown, unknown, unknown. it repeats over and over in his mind until the word ceases to make sense. he doesn't know her. he doesn't know about medicines and poisons. he doesn't know.

she leaves to presumably gather what she needs and he is nearly overcome with the urge to slip away. to leave. he considers it heavily. the taunt muscles in his legs twitch with the desire to move and to keep moving. walk until he's dead, he supposes, because that was what was going to happen if he didn't stay and let her treat him. fight makes him stay. survival triumphs over fear.

as she returns to him, the lost dragon watches her approach and sort through the small package of medicines she's collected and brought before him. he eyes them wearily as she picks up oak leaves and begins to chew. not poison the action tells him. no doubt turning it into paste makes it easier for her to work with, the fact that she's chewing it and it's mixing with her saliva helps to soothe the worst of his worry ...for the moment. surely, if she meant to poison him she wouldn't be putting it in her own mouth.

hold still; she commands.

he lets out a low, brief warning growl — as if he hasn't already made himself loud and clear on where they stand if she tries anything funny — but despite the hostile noise he holds still for her. it's easy, really. his muscles are so tense that they ache. she holds out her tongue and he eyes the paste she's created with thinly veiled dubiety.

"sha." he replies in ambivalent agreement in the tongue that is familiar to him; a small comfort. a buoy in the sea that threatens to pull him beneath the tide and drown him.

"trigedasleng"

330 words
Messages In This Thread
i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 13, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 16, 2018, 05:48 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 17, 2018, 04:30 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 22, 2018, 04:51 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 02, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - November 03, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 08, 2018, 11:50 PM