Stone Circle Lay me down to sleep
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
No... don't cry a wave of pain surged through her and she whispered softly, pressing her face into his fur. How much more could this man of hers endure? How much pain would he have to go through? She hated that this would cause him even more. Yet despite his pain he spoke words of comfort, building her up like he always did and she gave a wheezy laugh her eyes gleaming with humor for a moment as she pulled away to look at him. Yet in a moment of clarity she understood, she wasn't horrible she was just mortal and like all mortals she made mistakes and failed at times. But where she had failed she also fought and survived and always came back to those who loved her. She did good. Was good. "You're right.... I've never been as horrible as I think myself to be. I did as good as anyone could under the circumstances life threw at me" the words were filled with acceptance and it seemed that acceptance brought her peace, as her body relaxed into the den floor with a heaving sigh.

It was then she realised she didn't want to die alone. She wanted him here, she wanted him to be the thing her life ended with  since truly he was the first thing it had begun with. This need struck her to the core as he said he loved her and she whined, wishing she could curl into him like a pup to it's mother. A pain stabbed through her ribs as she inhaled, resulting in loud and harsh coughs that she turned away from him to get out. More blood, dark crimson and looking black on the den floor came forth and she collapsed back into him panting with strenuous effort. "Don't go...please don't go." she whispered the plea, now scared of the end. Everything she had done in life would be simply memories, everyone she knew and loved would live on without her. Would he be happy? He needed someone to love, to care for. "Onyx...we haven't seen her in a long time. Since..the snake. Why don't you seek her out? You both need someone to love." she felt it click in her heart, another wave of peace settling within her. She was tired now, her whole body felt weighed down like it was sinking into the ground. "Mawk Saefyn....thank you for showing me goodness in life. I won't leave your side if there's a way I can watch over you" her voice grew slurred as she faded, eyes slowly closing.
Messages In This Thread
Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 26, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 26, 2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 28, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 29, 2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 31, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 31, 2018, 01:25 PM