Otatso Wetlands my words would just evaporate
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I don't mind lol. also aw sad talos ;-;

She was insistent with her claim of dragons, so he simply regarded her with a half smile, slate-grey ears flicking nonchalantly on his head. "You'll have to tell me what they taste like, then," the smoky young man replied, watching the fiery girl as the wheels in his mind clicked and turned - he wondered, briefly, what it would have been like to have siblings born alongside him, little pups who had grown as he did and walked at his side. Would he have that same burning spirit, too? Even if they hadn't gotten along... Talos wasn't alone in the world, now, and Soltero envied her greatly. He had only had his mother, and growing up and playing alone hadn't been something he saw as lonely until he saw the world with mature eyes, as a young adult trekking the land in his lonesome. The solo traveller.

The girl's anger seemed to deflate like a popped balloon, and he watched her with mild intruige - he supposed, after the scene at the meeting, she didn't really like Aria... perhaps that was an understatement. The Eta's lips almost quirked into a small grin when she spoke, her words lacking the thickness of fury that burned like fire in her young body; maybe she would warm to him yet, though he couldn't be sure. Kids could be unpredictable with their mood shifts... then again, adults could be, too. 

The sudden squeak of a choked sob, the emotion, ripped him from his thoughts and his apple-green gaze shifted to focus onto Talos with a serious frown once more, corners of his blackened lips tipped downward as he struggled to adjust himself. There was another thing he wasn't so prepared for - the sadness of a young pup. He recalled her bitter words, strewn with an anger so strong for her age, so violent and hurt, the way she had cast them toward her father, at Aria, and the scalding look she had surged her mother's way. She was a girl who seemed to struggle with some internal war, and Soltero looked on in dismay as she ducked her head and scraped at her face.

"Our whole fam'ly is fallin' apar' and it's all your fault!"

He didn't know what had occured to disturb the carefully constructed bond of blood, but clearly something was amiss, and the man shuffled uncomfortably on his paws. A small part of him wondered whether he was supposed to move closer to comfort her, or just... uhhhh... "Hey, kid..." He rumbled with a deep voice, though it lacked the confidence of his earlier words. "You know... you're not... alone. I don't know... uh... how much that helps, but I promise you you aren't alone." Then, as a greater attempt to reach out to her, "If you... need a friend, I'll be your friend. I haven't really got any here yet."

"Sometimes things get rough... but it'll work itself out in the end. I'm heading out soon to try and find your brother,"
He purposefully left out who he was going to be travelling with, if only to avoid setting her anger off again. "I'll do my best to bring him back."
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Messages In This Thread
my words would just evaporate - by Soltero - November 07, 2018, 03:01 PM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Talos - November 08, 2018, 03:33 AM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Soltero - November 08, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Talos - November 10, 2018, 07:54 AM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Soltero - November 14, 2018, 03:03 PM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Talos - November 28, 2018, 03:02 AM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Soltero - November 28, 2018, 10:56 AM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Talos - December 12, 2018, 06:13 PM
RE: my words would just evaporate - by Soltero - December 13, 2018, 01:03 PM